Voter Registration Deadlines
Registration Deadline - in person: 11/8/22
Registration Deadline - by mail: 11/8/22
Mail Registration Deadline Type:
Registration Deadline - online: 11/8/22
Ballot Request Deadlines
Ballot Request Deadline - Mail: 11/4/22
Ballot Request Deadline - Online, Fax, Email: 11/7/22
Ballot Return Deadlines
Ballot Return Deadline - Mail: 11/8/22
Ballot Return By Mail Deadline Type: Received
Ballot Return Deadline - Online, Fax, Email:
General Election Information
State Primary: September 13, 2022
By Mail: Postmarked by August 29, 2022
By Email or Fax: Received by August 29, 2022
Request Mail Ballot: Received by 4:30 PM, September 9, 2022
Request Email/Online or Fax Ballot: Received by 12 PM, September 12, 2022
Received by 8 PM, September 13, 2022
Poll Volunteer Information
Poll Worker Info
Poll Watcher Info
The State of Delaware needs more than 3,200 poll workers to staff polling places for the General Election. This is a unique opportunity to serve your community by participating in the electoral process!
- Fewer Election Officers are needed for the Primary. The Department will not know the number until the offices on the Primary ballot have been finalized.
- There are also opportunities to work during School Board, School Referenda and Special Elections. The County Offices use the pool of folks who work during Primary and General Elections to staff those elections.
- Election Officers will be assigned to work at a polling place within the county where they live, with this exception: The Department may allow college students registered to vote in Delaware to work at a Polling Place in the county where they are attending college at least half-time, even if it is not in the county in which they are registered to vote.
How to apply
- Delaware registered voters: fill out and send an Election Officer Application to the Election Office in the county where you live.
- If you are not yet 18 years old, you must have your parent/guardian also sign your application.
- College students attending school in a county other than where they are registered, must send their application to the Election Office in the county where they want to work.