Voter Registration Deadlines
Registration Deadline - in person: 10/9/22
Registration Deadline - by mail: 10/9/22
Mail Registration Deadline Type: Postmarked
Registration Deadline - online: 10/9/22
Ballot Request Deadlines
Ballot Request Deadline - Mail: 10/29/22
Ballot Request Deadline - Online, Fax, Email: 11/7/22
Ballot Return Deadlines
Ballot Return Deadline - Mail: 11/8/22
Ballot Return By Mail Deadline Type: Postmarked
Ballot Return Deadline - Online, Fax, Email: 11/8/22
General Election Information
*All registered voters will automatically be mailed a ballot for the Special Election. Use an FPCA to ensure the Division of Elections has your current contact information.
**Ballot Return: Primary election ballots must still be received by the 10th day after the election for all ballots.
Poll Volunteer Information
Poll Worker Info
Poll Watcher Info
Be A Poll Worker
- Do you like helping people and would like to get paid to serve your community?
- Your community needs YOU! Alaska must recruit and train hundreds of poll workers in communities across the state.
- Your local election officials can teach you everything you need to know to do the job.
- Those who have worked at the polls will tell you it’s one of the most rewarding ways you can help your community.
- Must be a registered voter in Alaska.
- Be willing to work an approximate 16 hour day or more on Election Day OR share a position and work a split shift and attend a four to five hour paid training session.
- Must be willing to remain non-partisan on Election Day and NOT express any political opinions while on the job.
- Cannot have a familial relationship with a candidate on the ballot.
Chairperson or Co-Chairperson
- Responsible to oversee the Election Day operations at an assigned polling place. This includes recruiting, managing and working with election workers assigned to the polling place, coordination of site access, picking up supplies, setting up equipment and opening the polls, assisting and processing voters, completing the closing procedures, transmitting election results and ensuring the ballots, voting materials, supplies and voting equipment are secured and returned to the division.
Election Board Worker
- Responsible to assist the Chairperson and Co-Chairperson in the polling place operations. This includes setting up equipment and supplies, assisting and processing voters, and assisting in the closing procedures.